5 Ways to Increase Productivity
I’ve been focused on making the most of my days lately — looking at what my daily accomplishments are and where I’ve been spending most of my time. I made a few changes and have noticed a significant increase in productivity, so I thought I’d share:
- Go “Invisible” on Google Chat — we all keep gmail open all day and having that icon show that you’re online is just asking people to bug you
- Work out in the AM — not having the need to work out looming over me all day keeps me on task & focused
- Deal with social networks 2 times a day ONLY — I review FB, Twitter, Reader, Instagram, Path, etc in the AM right when my alarm goes off to wake me up & at night again right after dinner. Avoid jumping back & forth throughout the day, or else it will suck up your attention & easily, your afternoon.
- Listen to techno music — OK, this might not work for everyone, but music with a constant beat & few lyrics keeps me from thinking about the music and rather let’s me use it to drown out the chatter around me whether it’s friends, co-workers, coffee shop conversations, etc.
- Whenever you feel like you’re drowning, getting tired, etc & can’t focus anymore avoid the coffee. Instead, do squats/jumping jacks/pushups/crunches for 5 minutes to wake up your mind and get back to it. If you don’t want to sweat, try chewing gum or sniffing peppermint (it’s said to stimulate brain activity)
What do you do to stay productive throughout the day?
Thought via Path
Sign of a dumb thief
So, I just watched a thief in Starbucks reach into a girls purse, grab her iPhone & sprint out of the SBUX. Really, dude? Let’s be straight here. He could’ve grabbed her wallet, her money, her $2K Laptop, her entire purse, the cash laying around, or anything else. Instead, he grabbed the one item that she could remotely track, wipe, & disable. The one item that has a pretty low value seeing as it was only an iPhone 3GS. He deserves to get caught. So now I get to watch the police + the girl look up her iPhone on the move (via Find My iPhone) and now they’re planning on tracking the fool down—who of course was identified by 5 other people in full detail. Doh.
Things that need to be fixed: the frustration circling at an airport waiting to pick someone up
Something is wrong with me when I’d rather save $2 in bus fare and walk 3 miles to work but I have no problem paying for a cab to the airport instead of saving money and taking Bart. #nologicalexplanation